Volunteer Day 2016
Milpitas Unified School District students are required to earn 20 hours of community service. Community service hours can be an accumulation of freshman through the senior year.
Cal Hills Students earning 75 or more hours of community service will receive gold cords upon graduation as recognition for their service.
Deadline for all community service hours is May 12, 2017.
- Community service hours must be approved by your advisor or counselor.
- Community service hours must be documented on the CHHS community service form.
- Community service hours must meet the CHHS community service criteria.
- Completed forms must be turned into your advisor or counselor.
CHHS Community Service Criteria
- Service must be for the general good.
- Service must be voluntary, unpaid and on the student's own time.
- Service agency must have a representative who can be contacted to confirm service.
- Students cannot act as service agency representatives.
- Working for a non-profit business for free does not count as community service.
- Helping an individual, without the sanction of an agency does not count as community service.
- Service cannot be explicitly religious or political.