Congratulations to all of our Cal Hills Relay for Life Participants! Raising over $4000 for Cancer research is no easy feat! Spending 24 hours working and walking for a cause is an amazing way to give back to our community!
Milpitas Unified School District students are required to earn 20 hours of community service. Community service hours can be an accumulation of freshman through the senior year.
Cal Hills Students earning 75 or more hours of community service will receive gold cords upon graduation as recognition for their service.
Seniors: All hours must be completed in order to be eligible to attend prom in Spring. Official deadline for all hours in Tuesday, April 2nd.
Junior: At least 10 hours must be completed in order to be eligible to attend prom in Spring. Official deadline for these 10 hours in Tuesday, April 2nd.
- Community service hours must be approved by your advisor or counselor.
- Community service hours must be documented on the CHHS community service form.
- Community service hours must meet the CHHS community service criteria.
- Completed forms must be turned into your advisor or counselor.
CHHS COMMUNITY SERVICE CRITERIA
- Service must be for the general good.
- Service must be voluntary, unpaid and on the student's own time.
- Service agency must have a representative who can be contacted to confirm service.
- Students cannot act as service agency representatives.
- Working for a non-profit business for free does not count as community service.
- Helping an individual, without the sanction of an agency does not count as community service.
- Service cannot be explicitly religious or political.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Calaveras Hills Garden - see Dr. Schmidt
Central YMCA - various
Milpitas Kiwanis Club - see Mrs. Carty
Reading Partners - Alexander Rose Elementary
Relay for LIfe - Santa Clara - see Mrs. K
Robotics at Randall - Robert Randall Elementary - see Dr. Schmidt
Student Council - see Ms. Mitchell
Science Camp - see Mr. Stice before applying
CONTACT INFO FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
Get into touch with a non-profit today about community service. Click on the Contact Information List. It has all the phone numbers and email addresses that you need to set up the community service opportunity. Not sure what to write in the email to the community service organization? Checkout the Asking for Community Service Email Template. It is as easy as filling in the blanks. Good luck!
Download the Community Service Form here!
Trustees honor Cal Hills' students who participated in Relay for Life April 28-29
Superintendent Cheryl Jordan and the Board of Education recognized Cal Hills' students who participated in Relay for Life April 28-29 in Santa Clara. Student Kalmintas Kupciunas accepted the certificates on his teammates behalf. He was pictured alongside teacher Sridaya Mandyam-Komar and Assistant Principal Karisa Scott in addition to teachers Tabitha Kappeler-Hurley and Dr. Kimi Schmidt, who were able to be present through a remote video conference teacher.
"What was really exciting about this Relay for Life is that our Cal Hills kids are seen as leaders," Jordan said.
The "Cal-Hills Mustangs" group raised $4,397.73 to date - with a goal of $4,000 - for the 24 hour walking event that raises money and awareness about cancer prevention, research, and services through the American Cancer Society.
Calaveras Hills High School
1331 E. Calaveras Blvd. Building 300
Milpitas, CA 95035
408.635.2690 Phone | 408.635.2615 Fax
Milpitas Unified School District
1331 E. Calaveras Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035